Monday, December 9, 2013

Hi all,

Today I thought I'd take the chance to introduction y'all to one of my favorite global health NGO's (other than U-Tena of course!) called Nyaya Health. Nyaya Health is also the partner organization for Tuft's Globemed chapter so it's relevant in more than one way. They are a 'for purpose' health organization that dedicates themselves to working for the right to health in rural Nepal. One of the reasons Nyaya sticks out in my mind is because of their dedication to transparency. Nyaya Health founded itself on the principle of "being transparent until it hurts". They want to end the age-old image of the perfect aid organization that is secretly collecting money and allocating large portions to overheads. To do this not only does Nyaya have a public wiki with all financial and day to day activities of its staff, but they also write blog articles about both their failures and successes. Today I want to share with you one of my favorite such pieces, entitled "Walls and Flies" and written by their co-founder Duncan Maru.

http://www.nyayahealth.org/blog/walls-and-flies/

No comments:

Post a Comment